Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The night before

After a brief postponement due to influenza b, Maggie will be going into CHOP tomorrow for her endoscopy and insertion of her ng tube.  As I get ready to put Maggie to bed, I can't help but think about the fact that this may be the last "normal" night of putting her to bed for a while.  After tomorrow, she will have a tube in her nose, going down her throat and into her stomach to receive nightly feedings of formula by a pump.  We will learn a new normal as we adjust and I am sure we will be fine, but there is a little sadness in my heart tonight.

3 comments:

  1. HUGE HUGS
    Know that you have a huge support system
    If you have any questions text or email me
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Our son has the ng tube and you get used to it very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the date of this post. Sorry, didn't realize it has been so long. :(

    ReplyDelete